Cloon – Postponed

Unfortunately the weather in Wicklow has worsened many roads are impassable, the track in Cloon, and more importantly the forest road we were to use as a car park, are currently under a foot of snow. It had looked like it was to clear before the weekend, but it is now quite apparent that it is only going to get worse. We have no choice other than to postpone until the weather improves. It is unfortunate but it would be irresponsible of us to try and push on given the circumstances.

We will notify people of the rescheduled date shortly.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Sean
Undoubtedly the right decision. Very unfortunate but much better to make the call now than risk a disastrous event. Hopefully we can run it to the club's usual standard at a later date.
yeah, good call Sean, it would be impossible to run anything up there at the moment.
Definitely disappointing but not as disappointing as if the whether ruined the event. Totally right decision
unfortuntely , the track would have been fun, but its the support things like the parking and actually getting there that would have been impossible to do.
The bikes weren’t the problem, they would have managed, it was the automobiles that where the weak link.
That's a pity but defo the right decision. Im sure it will be tough getting to Enniskerry never mind to cloon.

On the plus side Ireland's 1st snowboard season will be alot of fun.

every1 I know is organising boards/skis/sleds/coal bags for the weekend!!!
Hard decision to make Sean but it’s the right one given our once in 20 years decent snow fall.
Originally posted by PAULO View Post
That's a pity but defo the right decision. Im sure it will be tough getting to Enniskerry never mind to cloon.

On the plus side Ireland's 1st snowboard season will be alot of fun.

every1 I know is organising boards/skis/sleds/coal bags for the weekend!!!

deadly!
lets have a blast style, snowboarding race.......
it was better to pospone before the weekend anyway....so news will get around.

would be much worse if you had to pospone the day before or something...
Unfortunately the weather in Wicklow has worsened many roads are impassable, the track in Cloon, and more importantly the forest road we were to use as a car park, are currently under a foot of snow. It had looked like it was to clear before the weekend, but it is now quite apparent that it is only going to get worse. We have no choice other than to postpone until the weather improves. It is unfortunate but it would be irresponsible of us to try and push on given the circumstances.

We will notify people of the rescheduled date shortly.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Sean
Undoubtedly the right decision. Very unfortunate but much better to make the call now than risk a disastrous event. Hopefully we can run it to the club's usual standard at a later date.
yeah, good call Sean, it would be impossible to run anything up there at the moment.
Definitely disappointing but not as disappointing as if the whether ruined the event. Totally right decision
unfortuntely , the track would have been fun, but its the support things like the parking and actually getting there that would have been impossible to do.
The bikes weren’t the problem, they would have managed, it was the automobiles that where the weak link.
That's a pity but defo the right decision. Im sure it will be tough getting to Enniskerry never mind to cloon.

On the plus side Ireland's 1st snowboard season will be alot of fun.

every1 I know is organising boards/skis/sleds/coal bags for the weekend!!!
Hard decision to make Sean but it’s the right one given our once in 20 years decent snow fall.
Originally posted by PAULO View Post
That's a pity but defo the right decision. Im sure it will be tough getting to Enniskerry never mind to cloon.

On the plus side Ireland's 1st snowboard season will be alot of fun.

every1 I know is organising boards/skis/sleds/coal bags for the weekend!!!

deadly!
lets have a blast style, snowboarding race.......
it was better to pospone before the weekend anyway....so news will get around.

would be much worse if you had to pospone the day before or something...